Freedom Caravans Limited is the data controller and is responsible for your personal information that we receive through this website.
This policy may be altered or updated, for minor changes we will add a note to the top of this policy to notify you. If we make any major changes which will have an impact on you then we will contact you and give you the opportunity to exercise your rights.
How we collect your information
These are the main ways we collect your information:
- If you contact us directly via our websites or via our customer hotlines to request information about our products and services.
- If you buy a product or service directly from us
- If you reply to our marketing campaigns
- If your contact details are transferred from retail dealers or other third parties
- If we acquired your personal data from other sources, for example, social media sites.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian.
The following types of personal information about you may be collected:
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Information you provide us about your interests
Website and Communication Usage
- How you use our website and whether you open or forward our communications, including information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (our Cookies Policy).
Sales and Services Information
- Relating to purchases and services, including complaints and claims.
Credit and Anti-Fraud Information
The following is information that we may collect from you in person if you wish to apply for finance:
- Which establishes your identity, such as driving licences, passports and utility bills
- Information about transactions, requests for credit and non-payment of debts with us and third parties and credit ratings from credit reference agencies
- Fraud, offences, suspicious transactions, politically exposed person and sanctions lists where your details are included.
- Employment history
- Bank details
How we use your information
The main uses of your information are:
Customer Support and Marketing – to respond to enquiries and to bring you news and offers.
- Freedom Caravans Limited use your personal data for customer care and for personalised communications of product and service information, with your consent where necessary. For these purposes, Freedom Caravans Limited may transmit this data to authorised Retail Dealers.
Sales & Service – to process your sale, configure and service your caravan
- Freedom Caravans Limited and authorised Retail Dealers will obtain Contact Details, Caravan Details and Sales and Services Information when you purchase, service or repair a caravan from or with them as part of the sale or service and will use it to provide the services you request and notify you of issues in relation to your caravan. This information may be accessed by Freedom Caravans Limited to troubleshoot technical or other issues relating to the delivery of these services.
Compliance with legal requests for your information
We may be legally required to provide your information to law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and third party litigants in connection with civil or criminal proceedings or investigations. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or we may notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
Legal grounds for the processing of your personal information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under UK data protection law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- Where you have consented to the use (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the following channels:
- Phone: 01889 883088
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- or by writing to us at:
Freedom Caravans Limited, Main Road, Little Haywood, Staffordshire, ST18 0TR
- Where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- Where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the ground and communicate it you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
Third parties to whom we may transfer your data.
Personal information which we collect may be transferred to or accessed by third parties on our behalf, with your consent where necessary.
The types of third parties apart from Freedom Caravans Limited are:
- Marketing and research companies who run and manage marketing and research campaigns
- FreeCross Retail Dealers
- IT providers who provide us with systems and services for customer support
- Card Payment Services providers who operate payment platforms
- Logistics and courier companies who transport our products to you
- Law firms who provide legal advice to us (e.g. where there is a customer dispute)
- Finance providers should you wish to use external funding
This is only shared in a secure manner. When we share with other parties we do so in the expectation that they are using it for the required purpose only and will not abuse trust by inappropriately processing or transferring your data in any way.
Freedom Caravans Limited may also transfer your personal information to a third party without your consent if it is in its legitimate interest or if there is a contractual obligation to do so.
We use technical and organisational security measures including encryption and authentication tools to protect your personal information, against manipulation, loss, destruction, and access by third parties.
If you have a personal password which enables you to access certain parts of our website do not forget your responsibility for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We retain your information only as long as is necessary and only for the purpose for which we obtained them. We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose.
Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
Under certain conditions you have the right to require us to:
- Provide you with further detail on the way we use your information
- Provide you with a copy of your information
- Update any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you
- Delete any information about you that we no longer have a lawful ground to use
- Remove you from any direct marketing lists when you object or withdraw your consent
- Provide you with your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- Restrict our use of your personal information
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and the rights of third parties.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates the processing of personal data in the UK.